Certified Buffalo Nickels Site Map
- MintagesCoin Mintage figures for circulation strike Buffalo Nickels from 1913 to 1938. Includes the quantity of coins minted for each date and mint mark.
- SpecificationsDetailed specifications for the Buffalo Nickel including years, mints, edge, mint mark, designer, weight, composition, and diameter.
- 1937-D 3 Legged Buffalo NickelThe 1937-D Three Legged Buffalo Nickel is one of the most famous varieties of the 20th century. It was created when a mint employee accidentally ground off the buffalo's leg in an attempt to remove clash marks from the die.
- Proof Buffalo NickelsProof Buffalo Nickels were minted during the initial years of the series from 1913 to 1917. During these years, the coins were in matte proof. Proofs were minted once again in the two later years of the series 1936 to 1937
- CAC VerifiedThe Certified Acceptance Corporation (CAC) reviews coins previously graded by PCGS and NGC. Coins that meet their strict standards receive a green CAC sticker of approval. These solid or premium for the grade coins have commanded higher prices on the mark
- 1913-1919The first decade of coins for the Buffalo Nickel series. When the coins were introduced in 1913, the design portrayed the buffalo standing on a raised mound, known as variety 1.
- NGCFind a selection of NGC certified Buffalo Nickels for sale. Wide selection available from 1913 to 1919, including proof coins and high grade gems.
- PCGSFind a selection of PCGS certified Buffalo Nickels for sale. Wide selection available from 1913 to 1919, including proof coins and high grade gems.
- 1920-1929The Buffalo Nickel series entered its second decade of production.The coins of the era include the lowest mintage of the entire series, the1926-S Buffalo Nickel. The total production from the San Francisco Mint was 970,000.
- NGCIncluded below are Buffalo Nickels from 1920 to 1929 that have been encapsulated and graded by NGC. Find the high grade specimen that will fit into your collection of this classic series.
- PCGSBelow is a selection of Buffalo Nickels from 1920 to 1929 that have been certified by grading company PCGS. Find the high grade specimen that will fit into your collection of this classic series.
- 1930-1938The Buffalo Nickel series would complete its design duration in the third decade of release. The most famous issue of this period of the series is the 1937-D 3 Legged Buffalo Nickel.
- NGCThe final years of the Buffalo Nickel series are generally more accessible for collectors, even in higher grades. The exception are the proof issues and noted varieties. Find a selection of NGC certified Buffalo Nickels available for sale below.
- PCGSThe final years of release for the popular Buffalo Nickels are usually easier to encounter in higher grades. By this time more examples were being saved and mintage levels were generally higher. Find a selection of PCGS certified Buffalo Nickels availabl